Saturday, November 12, 2011

Oh Happy Day!!!!!

Today has been a wonderful day! And it's only 4pm!

I am sitting in the Huntsville Public Library where I've just attended a very informative meeting directed by one of the reference librarians.  Mary Moore knows her stuff and she's great at getting that info out!

Snagged the next three Skullduggery Pleasant books.  Hurray! I get to see what he and Valkyrie Cain get up to next.  :)

I am sitting at the library, typing on my brand new laptop!!! No, make that my BRAND NEW LAPTOP!!!  yes, after researching, shopping, sweating and praying -- I have a new laptop.  Scott went with me and we picked it out.  It's sooooo pretty!  I can't wait to fill it with all kinds of funny, wise, sad, happy, hyper words!  (forgive all the exclamation points, but I really am very happy right now)

But even as perfect as my new machine is, I have a bumpy road ahead of me.  I never realized how much I depended on the info that I saved on the old 'puter.  Right now I have one contact in my e-mail program.  It's my hubby's e-mail info.  <3   But the address book is very lonely.  Please e-mail me so that I can add you to my collection.

And remembering all the fun little stops that I made to read up on other authors and editors? No can do.  I'll have to rebuild that list.  And the research sites. And the time wasting.... uh...no.  Maybe it's better that they are gone.  For now.

In the meanwhile, I have a book to write.  Alice, I'll meet you in Birmingham, AL in May of 1933.  Ok?


Keep smiling.  I am.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment