Monday, November 21, 2011

The Best Laid Plans....

Sat down to work today -- I'd had my shower, I was dressed in clothes and not pjs, breakfast cooked and eaten, coffee mug by my side.  I got a good hour or so in when

RING

my fearless hunter hubby calls.  His jeep is out of gas. (not his fault, it's a faulty guage)  Could I bring him the jug of gas from the shop?  Oh.  And could I grab the insurance bill? And while I'm at it, could I grab that jury duty check so we can deposit it?

SO

I rescue dear hubby and head down the mountain to cash the check.  I took a different way home and saw a lady pushing her SUV down Hwy 231.  I couldn't have that.  I found a place to park my car and hurried to help.  Within a minute or two there were two guys helping us push, too.  We made it safely to the gas station and all was well.

THEN

got home to find hubby sitting on the porch swing. He didn't have his house key.  I let us in and we had lunch.

Did I get as much done as I had planned?  Not even close.  But hey -- it's not everyday that you get to rescue two people.

Just call me....WANDA WOMAN  (cue theme music)

No comments:

Post a Comment