Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Day

If you came here looking for Resolutions, you've come to the wrong place. I mean it's not like I don't want to improve myself, drop a few pounds, join back up with karate and achieve my blue belt, write the next best seller and read at least 100 books this year. Really.  But I'm not going to write up a list and then cringe when I look at it again this time next year.

So I had the burning desire to join the Polar Bear Club.  You know - those crazy folks who jump into a huge natural body of water on January 1st. Unfortunately I decided this a little too late to joing the group in Decatur.  Did that change my mind about the crazy thing I'd set my heart on?  Of course not!  And I'm evil enough to drag my poor teens with me. <insert evil laugh here>

So, and you can verify this on Facebook if you so desire, I called out the challenge to meet at Talucah Landing at 1 pm this afternoon. One crazy person morphed into six crazy people.  Only one of us was of legal age.  And off we ran into the freezing Tennessee River.

IT WAS COLD!!!

Yes.  Well, now I can cross that off my to-do list.  And I might even do it again next year - we'll see. Meanwhile, I wonder if that will be the craziest thing I do this year.  Who knows?  2011 is young yet.

I'm a polar bear!

Joe, Alex, Tyler and Natalie.  Nyssa was on the shore already!

Natalie hurrying to shore.

1 comment:

  1. Why Wanda...why? Looking a your pics makes my teeth chatter. Still, you're a brave woman - a little nutsy but brave none-the-less-lol!

    ReplyDelete